The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariffs for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff – USD$ 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Low Season Tariff – USD$200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- Accommodation(4-5 stars hotels may require an additional premium)
- All meals.
- Guide overheads
- Transportation for the tour (excluding internal flights)
- Camping Equipment Trekking Tours
Price does not include:
- Meals and extra bill at premium hotels
- Bar and telephone bill, laundry etc.
- US $ 40 visa fee, Air fare.
Single room supplement is charged at US$ 30.00 per person per night.
FIT surcharge for 1 or 2 persons.
Individuals and groups of 2 shall be subject to a Surcharge – over above the daily rates applicable, as follows:
- 1 PAX US$ 40.00 per night halt
- 2 PAX US$ 30.00 per person per night halt
The following discounts on a daily basis are allowed, however FIT. Surcharge is not exempted.There shall be no charge for children up to the age of 5 years.
However, those between the ages of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given a 50% discount. Full time students under the age 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institution shall be given a 25% discount.
There will be no charge for the number of days of delay in arrival/departure of visitor due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems or roadblocks.